Blown in attic insulation involves blowing or spraying insulation materials into your attics for maximum efficiency. We chose the AttiCat System, because Owens Corning has been a trusted industry leader for over 65 years and their brand is preferred seven to one.
There are several benefits to have insulation blown in attic. The benefits include the method of installing it, its energy efficiency and where it can be used. Here are the top 6 reasons to consider using blown in insulation:
- Blown in insulation is adjustable. Depending on how much material is used, it can create a protection with an R value of R15 to R38.
- Only virgin materials are used to create most blown in varieties of insulation. This means there is a reduced chance of allergens.
- Blowing the material into the crevices allows for a tighter fit and seal. It can be directed around corners, beams, or wiring that may already be in the attic.
- Installing blown in insulation is fast and efficient. Using a long hose, a technician can reach the furthest points in the attic, therefore insulating all of the attic space.
- This type of insulation is extremely energy efficient. As it is blown in, it expands and adheres to the surrounding surfaces. Even the tiniest cracks are sealed during this process.
- The cost of new insulation may be recovered within 5 years on your utility bills.
Having proper levels insulation blown is one of the easiest and most affordable ways to stop enery loss – and save money. Your heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system conditions air and a well-insulated and sealed attic helps keep it from leaking out.
Many people seek to perform insulation blown in attic as DIY jobs but doing it yourself can be pricey and time consuming if you have no prior experience or equipment.
If you are looking to have your blown in-home insulation or insulation blown in attic done by an expert, contact Advanced Air and Heat. We have over 17 years of experience and can perform your home insulation quickly, and affordably.