Why Seal Your Heating And Cooling Ducts?
Ducts are used to distribute conditioned air throughout homes & condominiums with central heating and cooling systems. In typical houses, about 20 percent of the air that moves through the duct system is lost due to leaks, holes, and poorly connected ducts. The result is an inefficient Air Conditioning & Heating system, high utility bills, high humidity, and difficulty keeping the house comfortable, no matter how the thermostat is set.
Simple Steps To Improving Duct Performance
Because ducts are often concealed in walls, ceilings, attics, and basements, repairing them can be difficult. But there are things that we can do to improve duct performance in your house. We start by sealing leaks using mastic sealant or metal (foil) tape. We also make sure that the connections at vents and registers are well-sealed where they meet the floors, walls, and ceiling. These are common locations to find leaks and disconnected ductwork.
Working With Advanced Air & Heat
When you choose Advanced Air & Heat to perform a duct repair or sealing of the ducts in your home, you can be sure that the repair done is professional and correct the first time. To ensure a proper repair, Advanced Air & Heat will:
- Inspect the whole duct system, including the attic and crawlspace (if you have these).
- Evaluate the system’s supply and return air balance. Many systems have air return ducts that are too small.
- Repair or replace damaged, disconnected, or undersized ducts and straighten out flexible ducts that are tangled or crushed.
- Seal leaks and connections with mastic, metal tape, or duct tape.
- Seal gaps behind registers and grills where the duct meets the floor, wall, or ceiling.