Blown-in Attic Insulation Benefits
There are several benefits to blow-in insulation: the method of installing it, energy efficiency, and where it can be used. Here are the top 6 reasons to consider with blown-in insulation:
- Blown-in insulation is adjustable. Depending on how much material is used, it can create a protection with an R value of R15 to R38.
- Only virgin materials are used to create most blown-in varieties of insulation. This means there is a reduced chance of allergens.
- Blowing the material into the crevices allows for a tighter fit and seal. It can be directed around corners, beams, or wiring that may already be in the attic.
- Installing blown-in insulation is fast and efficient. Using a long hose, a technician can reach the furthest points in the attic, therefore insulating all of the attic space.
- This type of insulation is extremely energy efficient. As it is blown in, the insulation expands and adheres to the surrounding surfaces. Even the tiniest cracks are sealed during this process.
- The cost of new insulation may be recovered within 5 years on your utility bills.