What is the best way to get rid of allergens in my home?
According to the Asthma and Allergy foundation of America, approximately 40 million Americans have indoor/outdoor allergies as their primary allergy. (Many people with allergies usually have more than one type of allergy.)
Regular and thorough cleaning is helpful for eliminating allergens in your home. In warmer climates such as Florida, allergy seasons last longer. Controlling the air quality in your home can help reduce allergy symptoms.
Here are some tips to help reduce allergens in your home:
• One of the best ways to keep your home allergen free is by regular maintenance of your HVAC system. By changing your filter regularly (once a month or so, depending on the type of filter you use), you can reduce mold, pollen, dust, critter dander and droppings.
• Cheesecloth over your vents can help reduce pollen and dust.
• Dust mites and mold love humidity, so keeping your air conditioning on during humid months will decrease the chances of these pesky creatures’ survival.
• Mold often collects near ducts of HVAC systems, so if you experience a musty scent from your vents, it’s probably time to have your ducts cleaned.
• If your HVAC system recycles indoor air, it can increase mold growth and decrease ventilation. If this is the case, you may need a system that draws fresh air from the outdoors. If you have pollen allergies, it is best to recirculate the air in your home to avoid pollen from entering.
If you are experiencing issues with your ventilation system or need your ducts cleaned in the New Smyrna Beach, Daytona Beach, Palm Coast and surrounding areas, give us a call at (386) 427-1665.
Advanced Air & Heat
1939 W. Park Avenue
Edgewater, Florida 32132