The Florida heat has come early this year, so if you haven’t had your outdoor air conditioner condenser unit cleaned, here are some step by step instructions and tips on how to do it yourself:
1. Turn off the power. First and foremost, this is one of the most important steps. If you don’t know how, unplug it.
2. Clear away grass and other yard debris.
3. Remove debris from the exterior fins with the soft brush of a vacuum.
4. If you notice the fins are bent, you can gently realign them with a butter knife.
5. Remove the fan grille and wipe with a damp cloth. Also, remove any leaves or other debris that may have gotten trapped inside.
6. From the inside out, spray the fins with a hose.
7. Place fan back onto the top of the condenser.
8. Turn power on.
If you cannot do this yourself and need a professional, please call us at Advanced Air and Heat at (386) 478-7302 to make an appointment.