Air conditioners require regular cleaning and maintenance in order to function properly.
If you have been running your air conditioning as often as most people in the Florida heat, there are some things you can do to help save money on your electric bill. Keeping the condenser unit clean is one of them. Here are some step-by-step instructions that you can do yourself.
1. Turn off the power.
2. Remove the grille and check the filter. Replace the filter at least once every 3 months.
3. Vacuum the compartment and wipe debris and dust.
4. If you know how, pull off the condensation drain tube and check it for mold or algae growth. You can either clean it with a bleach and water solution to flush the line or replace the tube.
5. Clean where the tube meets the drain port using an old toothbrush.
6. Reinstall the drain tube.
7. Turn on power.
Unless you’re in need of professional service for duct cleaning or other extensive repairs, we like to inform our customers on how to do some things themselves so they don’t always have to call us. If you need a professional in the New Smyrna, Edgewater, Port Orange, Daytona Beach, or Palm Coast area, give us a call at (386) 478-7302.