Poor indoor air quality can be a major health concern, especially when people are spending more time indoors. Truth be told, your indoor air could be two to five times dirtier than the air outside your home. To guarantee solid indoor air quality, here are some indoor air quality slip-ups to keep away from.
1. Run your bathroom fan for about 20 minutes after a shower. The moisture can exacerbate the growth of mildew and mold.
2. Empty your vacuum after each use. Most vacuums today don’t use bags, but if yours does, it is recommended to change them before they become full. They can accumulate dust and mites and release them into the air.
3. Clean your clothes dryer pipe. It is recommended to clean your clothes dyer pipe every 3 to 6 months due to buildup of lint that can become trapped.
4. Remove any toxic chemicals and paints, especially if they are located near vents.
5. Change your air filters monthly. This regular maintenance can help with all sorts of allergy problems. Use a HEPA air purifying system. HEPA filters can eliminate the majority of allergens.
6. Keeping you’re a/c on during humid months. This will decrease the chances of dust mites, mold, and mildew.
7. Have regular maintenance of your air ducts cleaned. A good rule of them is if it starts to smell moldy, it’s time.
If you are experiencing issues with your heating or air ventilation system or need your ducts cleaned in the New Smyrna Beach, Port Orange, Daytona Beach, Palm Coast and surrounding areas, give us a call at (386) 427-1665.