Here at Advanced Air and Heat, we also install AquaCal pool heat pumps. Here are some frequently asked questions concerning pool heat pumps:
1. Q: What size pool heat pump do I need?
A: AquaCal explains how to calculate this directly on their website.
2. Q: Can I store my heat pump in a garage or shed?
A: We suggest storing the pump where it can get a lot of air, since it needs circulation.
3. Q: How long will it take to heat my pool?
A: Depending on the water and outdoor temperature, it can take up to a few hours.
4. Q: Is the coolant/refrigerant safe for the environment?
A: YES! As of January 1, 2010, The United Nations Environmental Protection Agency requires all manufacturers to use an alternative refrigerant to R22. All AquaCal units now utilize R410A refrigerant. R22 will be available for repairs until 2030.
5. Q: Do I need a pool or solar blanket?
A: A pool or solar blanket is optional, but using one will reduce your electric bill.
If you are in the New Smyrna Beach or Daytona Beach areas and are in need of a pool heat pump, give us a call at (386) 427-1665.